Why we have School Champions at Ivybridge Primary School?
We believe that children need to experience the duties and responsibilities that come with being a member of a community, in order to help them prepare to play an active role as citizens in their wider communities.
We believe that Champions have a very important role to play in the day to day organisation of our school and as only Year Six pupils are allowed to apply for this position, it is considered to be very prestigious. The position not only allows the Year Six pupils to lead by example and demonstrate their responsibility, it also enables the younger children to learn from their good example.
A Champions role is varied and to be awarded a school Champion badge is considered to be a real privilege.
- To be an exemplar of positive behaviour, attitude and conduct
- To help reinforce positive behaviour at break and lunchtimes
- To be school ambassadors at school functions, for example, showing visitors around the school, helping with parent meetings, etc.
- To help organise other pupils at assembly time
- To be the first port of call for children needing some peer support on the playground
Every Champion has to apply for the job and their applications go through a selection process. Once their application has been successful, Champions are awarded badges in a whole school assembly.
Would you like to be a School Champion in the future?
We hope being a Champion is something all our students will strive to become as they progress through our school. It’s a great opportunity to work as part of a team and to contribute to our school community!
Please click here to view our School Champions leaflet!